TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
- The website located at https://bestasianbrides.com/ (the “Website”) and the content available via the Website or our emails (the “Content”) are distributed by BestAsianBrides (“we”, “us”, “our” or the “Company”). The Website, together with the Content, tools, transactions and other services available by using the Website, are collectively referred to as the “Service”.
- Your access and use of the Service constitutes your agreement to be bound by these Terms and Conditions of Use (the “Terms”), which establishes a legally binding contractual relationship between you and the Company. For this reason, PLEASE READ THE TERMS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE SERVICE.
- Unless otherwise expressly provided herein, we will alert you about any changes by updating the “Last updated” date of these Terms and you waive any right to receive specific notice of each such change.
- THESE TERMS CONTAIN DISCLAIMERS OF WARRANTIES (SECTION 5), LIMITATION OF LIABILITY (SECTION 6), AS WELL AS PROVISIONS THAT WAIVE YOUR RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL, RIGHT TO A COURT HEARING AND RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION (MANDATORY BINDING ARBITRATION AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER). UNLESS YOU OPT OUT WITHIN 30 DAYS OF FIRST USE OF OUR SERVICE AS PROVIDED FOR IN SECTION 9, ARBITRATION IS THE EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ANY AND ALL DISPUTES AND IS MANDATORY EXCEPT AS SPECIFIED BELOW IN SECTION 9.
- IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH ANY PART OF THESE TERMS, OR IF YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE OR AUTHORIZED TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS, THEN DO NOT ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICE.
- You acknowledge that all the text, images, marks, logos, compilations (meaning the collection, arrangement and assembly of information), data, other content, software and materials displayed on the Service or used by the Company to operate the Service (including the Website and the Content and excluding any User Content (as defined below)) is proprietary to us or to third parties.
- The Company expressly reserves all rights, including all intellectual property rights, in all of the foregoing, and except as expressly permitted by these Terms, any use, redistribution, sale, decompilation, reverse engineering, disassembly, translation or other exploitation of them is strictly prohibited. The provision of the Service does not transfer to you or any third party any rights, title or interest in or to such intellectual property rights.
- You grant the Company the non-exclusive, worldwide, transferable, perpetual, irrevocable right to publish, distribute, publicly display and perform the User Content in connection with the Service.
- Subject to these Terms, the Company grants you a non-transferable, non-exclusive, license (without the right to sublicense) to use the Service solely for your personal, non-commercial purposes.
- You agree, and represent and warrant, that your use of the Service, or any portion thereof, will be consistent with the foregoing license, covenants and restrictions and will neither infringe nor violate the rights of any other party or breach any contract or legal duty to any other parties. In addition, you agree that you will comply with all applicable laws, regulations and ordinances relating to the Service or your use of it, and you will be solely responsible for your own individual violations of any such laws.
- We retain the right to implement any changes to the Service (whether to free or paid features) at any time, with or without notice. You acknowledge that a variety of Company’s actions may impair or prevent you from accessing the Service at certain times and/or in the same way, for limited periods or permanently, and agree that the Company has no responsibility or liability as a result of any such actions or results, including, without limitation, for the deletion of, or failure to make available to you, any content or services.
- Your access to and use of the Service is at your own risk. The Company will have no responsibility for any harm to your computing system, loss of data, or other harm to you or any third party, including, without limitation, any bodily harm, that results from your access to or use of the Service, or reliance on any information or advice.
- The Company has no obligation to provide you with customer support of any kind. However, the Company may provide you with customer support from time to time, at the Company’s sole discretion.
THIRD PARTY ADS, OTHER USERS
- The Service may contain links to third party websites or resources and advertisements for third parties (collectively, “Third Party Ads”). Such Third Party Ads are not under the control of the Company and the Company is not responsible for any Third Party Ads. The Company provides these Third Party Ads only as a convenience and does not review, approve, monitor, endorse, warrant, or make any representations with respect to Third Party Ads. Advertisements and other information provided by Third Party Sites Ads may not be wholly accurate. You acknowledge sole responsibility for and assume all risk arising from your use of any such websites or resources. When you link to a third party site, the applicable service provider’s terms and policies, including privacy and data gathering practices govern. You should make whatever investigation you feel necessary or appropriate before proceeding with any transaction with any third party. Your transactions and other dealings with Third Party Ads that are found on or through the Website, including payment and delivery of related goods or services, are solely between you and such merchant or advertiser.
- Each user of the Service is solely responsible for any and all his or her User Content. Because we do not control the User Content, you acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for any User Content and we make no guarantees regarding the accuracy, currency, suitability, or quality of any User Content, and we assume no responsibility for any User Content. Your interactions with other Service users are solely between you and such user. You agree that the Company will not be responsible for any loss or damage incurred as the result of any such interactions. If there is a dispute between you and any Service user, we are under no obligation to become involved.
- You hereby release us, our officers, employees, agents and successors from claims, demands any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind including personal injuries, death, and property damage, that is either directly or indirectly related to or arises from any interactions with or conduct of any other Service users, or any Third Party Ads.
USER REPRESENTATIONS AND RESTRICTIONS
- By using the Service, you represent and warrant that:
- you have the legal capacity and you agree to comply with these Terms;
- you are not under the age of 18;
- you will not access the Service through automated or non-human means, whether through a bot, script or otherwise;
- you will not use the Service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose;
- you are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. government as a “terrorist supporting” country;
- you are not listed on any U.S. government list of prohibited or restricted parties; and
- your use of the Service will not violate any applicable law or regulation.
- If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current, or incomplete, we have the right to refuse any and all current or future use of the Service (or any portion thereof).
- You may not access or use the Service for any purpose other than that for which we make the Service available. The Service may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavors except those that are specifically endorsed or approved by us.
- As a user of the Service, you agree not to:
- systematically retrieve data or other content from the Service to create or compile, directly or indirectly, a collection, compilation, database, or directory without written permission from us;
- make any unauthorized use of the Service;
- make any modification, adaptation, improvement, enhancement, translation, or derivative work from the Service;
- use the Service for any revenue generating endeavor, commercial enterprise, or other purpose for which it is not designed or intended;
- make the Service available over a network or other environment permitting access or use by multiple devices or users at the same time;
- use the Service for creating a product, service, or software that is, directly or indirectly, competitive with or in any way a substitute for the Service;
- use any proprietary information or any of our interfaces or our other intellectual property in the design, development, manufacture, licensing, or distribution of any applications, accessories, or devices for use with the Service;
- circumvent, disable, or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Service;
- engage in unauthorized framing of or linking to the Service;
- interfere with, disrupt, or create an undue burden on the Service or the networks or services connected to the Service;
- decipher, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any of the software comprising or in any way making up a part of the Service;
- attempt to bypass any measures of the Service designed to prevent or restrict access to the Service, or any portion of the Service;
- upload or distribute in any way files that contain viruses, worms, trojans, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another’s computer;
- use, launch, develop, or distribute any automated system, including without limitation, any spider, robot, cheat utility, scraper, or offline reader that accesses the Service, or using or launching any unauthorized script or other software;
- use the Service to send automated queries to any website or to send any unsolicited commercial e-mail;
- disparage, tarnish, or otherwise harm, in our opinion, us and/or the Service;
- use the Service in a manner inconsistent with any applicable laws or regulations; or
- otherwise infringe these Terms.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
THE WEBSITE, CONTENT AND OTHER ASPECTS OF THE SERVICE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE”. THE WEBSITE, CONTENT AND OTHER ASPECTS OF THE SERVICE ARE PROVIDED WITHOUT REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, INTEGRATION, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND ANY WARRANTIES IMPLIED BY ANY COURSE OF PERFORMANCE OR USAGE OF TRADE, ALL OF WHICH ARE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED. THE COMPANY AND ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSORS AND SUPPLIERS DO NOT WARRANT THAT: (I) THE SERVICE, CONTENT OR OTHER INFORMATION WILL BE TIMELY, ACCURATE, RELIABLE OR CORRECT; (II) THE SERVICE WILL BE SECURE OR AVAILABLE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME OR PLACE; (III) ANY DEFECTS OR ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED; (IV) THE SERVICE WILL BE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS; OR (IV) ANY RESULT OR OUTCOME CAN BE ACHIEVED.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- IN NO EVENT SHALL WE (AND OUR AFFILIATES) BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY LOST PROFIT OR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING FROM THESE TERMS OR YOUR USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SERVICE (INCLUDING THE WEBSITE OR CONTENT), OR THIRD PARTY ADS, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. ACCESS TO, AND USE OF, THE SERVICE (INCLUDING THE WEBSITE, CONTENT AND USER CONTENT), AND THIRD PARTY ADS ARE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTING SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA RESULTING THEREFROM.
- NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, YOU AGREE THAT THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF THE COMPANY TO YOU FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS ARISING FROM THE USE OF THE WEBSITE, CONTENT OR SERVICE IS LIMITED TO USD100. THE LIMITATIONS OF DAMAGES SET FORTH ABOVE ARE FUNDAMENTAL ELEMENTS OF THE BASIS OF THE TERMS BETWEEN THE COMPANY AND YOU.
- SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OF CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER LEGAL RIGHTS THAT VARY FROM JURISDICTION TO JURISDICTION.
You agree to indemnify and hold the Company, its successors, subsidiaries, affiliates, any related companies, its suppliers, licensors and partners, and the officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives of each of them harmless, including costs and attorneys’ fees, from any claim or demand made by any third party due to or arising out of (i) your use of the Service, (ii) your User Content, or (ii) your violation of these Terms. The Company reserves the right, at your expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter for which you are required to indemnify us and you agree to cooperate with our defense of these claims. You agree not to settle any matter without the prior written consent of the Company. The Company will use reasonable efforts to notify you of any such claim, action or proceeding upon becoming aware of it.
The Company makes no representation that the Service is accessible, appropriate or legally available for use in your jurisdiction, and accessing and using the Service is prohibited from territories where doing so would be illegal. You access the Service at your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.
MANDATORY BINDING ARBITRATION AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER
- PLEASE READ THIS ARBITRATION PROVISION CAREFULLY TO UNDERSTAND YOUR RIGHTS. EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, YOU AGREE THAT ANY CLAIM THAT YOU MAY HAVE IN THE FUTURE MUST BE RESOLVED THROUGH FINAL AND BINDING CONFIDENTIAL ARBITRATION. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU ARE WAIVING THE RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY. THE RIGHTS THAT YOU WOULD HAVE IF YOU WENT TO COURT, SUCH AS DISCOVERY OR THE RIGHT TO APPEAL, MAY BE MORE LIMITED OR MAY NOT EXIST.
- YOU AGREE THAT YOU MAY ONLY BRING A CLAIM IN YOUR INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF (LEAD OR OTHERWISE) OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. YOU FURTHER AGREE THAT THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE PROCEEDINGS OR CLAIMS OR OTHERWISE PRESIDE OVER ANY FORM OF A REPRESENTATIVE OR CLASS PROCEEDING.
- Arbitration is more informal way to settle disputes than a lawsuit in court. A neutral arbitrator instead of a judge or jury is used in arbitration, which allows for more limited discovery than in court, and is subject to very limited review by courts. The same damages and relief that a court can award can be awarded by arbitrators. Please see more information about arbitration at http://www.adr.org.
- A party which intends to seek arbitration must first send to the other a written notice of intent to arbitrate (a “Notice”) by an international courier with a tracking mechanism, or, in the absence of a mailing address provided by you to us, via any other method available to us, including via e-mail. The Notice shall (i) describe the basis and nature of the claim or dispute; and (ii) set the specific relief sought (the “Demand”). If you and the Company do not reach an agreement to resolve the claim within 30 days after the Notice is received, then you or we may commence an arbitration proceeding as set forth below or file an individual claim in small claims court.
- THE AMERICAN ARBITRATION ASSOCIATION (“AAA”) WILL EXCLUSIVELY ADMINISTER THE ARBITRATION IN ACCORDANCE WITH ITS COMMERCIAL ARBITRATION RULES AND THE SUPPLEMENTARY PROCEDURES FOR CONSUMER RELATED DISPUTES (THE “Rules”), AS MODIFIED BY THESE TERMS.
- If you commence arbitration against us, you are required to provide a second Notice to the Company at the Arbitration Notice Address within seven (7) days of arbitration commencement. The Rules and AAA forms are available online at http://www.adr.org. Unless your Demand is equal to or greater than $1,000 or was filed in bad faith, in which case you are solely responsible for the payment of the filing fee, if you are required to pay a filing fee to commence an arbitration against us, then we will promptly reimburse you for your confirmed payment of the filing fee upon our receipt of the second Notice at the Arbitration Notice Address that you have commenced arbitration along with a receipt evidencing payment of the filing fee.
- The arbitration shall be conducted exclusively in English. A single, independent and impartial arbitrator with his or her primary place of business in Alexandria, Virginia (if you are from the United States) or in Larnaca, Republic of Cyprus (if you are not from the United States) will be appointed pursuant to the Rules, as modified herein. You and the Company agree to comply with the following rules, which are intended to streamline the arbitration process and reduce the costs and burdens on the parties: (i) the arbitration will be conducted online and/or be solely based on written submissions, the specific manner to be chosen by the party initiating the arbitration; (ii) the arbitration will not require any personal appearance by the parties or witnesses unless otherwise mutually agreed in writing by the parties; and (iii) any judgment on the award the arbitrator renders may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction.
- TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER LAW, YOU AND THE COMPANY AGREE THAT YOU AND THE COMPANY MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN YOUR OR ITS INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS, REPRESENTATIVE, OR CONSOLIDATED PROCEEDING. FURTHER, YOU AGREE THAT THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE PROCEEDINGS OF MORE THAN ONE PERSON’S CLAIMS, AND MAY NOT OTHERWISE PRESIDE OVER ANY FORM OF A REPRESENTATIVE OR CLASS PROCEEDING, AND THAT IF THIS SPECIFIC PROVISION IS FOUND TO BE UNENFORCEABLE, THEN THE ENTIRETY OF THIS MANDATORY ARBITRATION SECTION WILL BE NULL AND VOID.
- Barring extraordinary circumstances, the arbitrator will issue his or her final, confidential decision within 120 days from the date the arbitrator is appointed. The arbitrator may extend this time limit for an additional 30 days upon a showing of good cause and in the interests of justice. All arbitration proceedings will be closed to the public and confidential, and all records relating thereto will be permanently sealed, except as necessary to obtain court confirmation of the arbitration award. The award of the arbitrator will be in writing and will include a statement setting forth the reasons for the disposition of any claim. The arbitrator shall apply the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia without regard to its conflicts of laws principles in conducting the arbitration. You acknowledge that these terms and your use of the Service evidences a transaction involving interstate commerce. The United States Federal Arbitration Act (“FAA”) will govern the interpretation, enforcement, and proceedings pursuant to this Section 9. Any award rendered shall be final, subject to appeal under the FAA.
- The abovestated provisions of this Section 9 shall not apply to any claim in which either party seeks equitable relief to protect such party’s copyrights, trademarks, patents, or other intellectual property. For the avoidance of doubt, you agree that, in the event the Company or a third party breaches these Terms, the damage or harm, if any, caused to you will not entitle you to seek injunctive or other equitable relief against us, and your only remedy will be for monetary damages, subject to the limitations of liability set forth in these Terms.
- All claims you bring against the Company must be resolved in accordance with this Section. All claims filed or brought contrary to this Section shall be considered improperly filed. Should you file a claim contrary to this Section, the Company may recover attorneys’ fees and reimbursement of its costs, provided that the Company has notified you in writing of the improperly filed claim, and you fail to promptly withdraw such claim.
- In the event that we make any material change to this arbitration provision (other than a change to our Arbitration Notice Address), you may reject any such change by sending us written notice to our Arbitration Notice Address within thirty (30) days of the change, in which case your Account and your license to use the Service will terminate immediately, and this Section, as in effect immediately prior to the amendments you reject, will survive the termination of these Terms.
- If only clause 9.9 paragraph above or the entirety of this Section 9 is found to be unenforceable, then the entirety of this Section 9 will be null and void and, in such case, the parties agree that the exclusive jurisdiction and venue described in Section 12 will govern any action arising out of or related to this Agreement.
- YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO OPT-OUT OF THIS ARBITRATION PROVISION WITHIN THIRTY (30) DAYS FROM THE DATE THAT YOU FIRST USE, OR ATTEMPT TO USE, THE SERVICE BY WRITING TO [email protected] OR TO THE ARBITRATION NOTICE ADDRESS. FOR YOUR OPT-OUT TO BE EFFECTIVE, YOU MUST SUBMIT A SIGNED WRITTEN NOTICE OPTING OUT AND CONTAINING ENOUGH DETAILS ABOUT YOU FOR US TO BE ABLE TO IDENTIFY YOU WITHIN THIRTY (30) DAYS. IF MORE THAN THIRTY (30) DAYS HAVE PASSED, YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO OPT OUT OF THIS PROVISION AND YOU MUST PURSUE YOUR CLAIM THROUGH BINDING ARBITRATION AS SET FORTH IN THIS AGREEMENT.
- The laws of Cyprus, excluding its conflicts of law principles, govern these Terms and your use of the Service.
- To the extent that any action relating to any dispute hereunder is permitted to be brought in a court of law, such action will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of:
- the state and federal courts in the City of Alexandria, Virginia – if you are a resident of the United States; or
- the courts of the Republic of Cyprus – if you are not a resident of the United States;
- No delay or omission by us in exercising any of our rights occurring upon any noncompliance or default by you with respect to these Terms will impair any such right or be construed to be a waiver thereof, and a waiver by the Company of any of the covenants, conditions or agreements to be performed by you will not be construed to be a waiver of any succeeding breach thereof or of any other covenant, condition or agreement hereof contained.
- Subject to Section 10, if any provision of these Terms is found to be invalid or unenforceable, then these Terms will remain in full force and effect and will be reformed to be valid and enforceable while reflecting the intent of the parties to the greatest extent permitted by law.
- Except as otherwise expressly provided herein, these Terms set forth the entire agreement between you and the Company regarding its subject matter, and supersede all prior promises, agreements or representations, whether written or oral, regarding such subject matter.
- The Company may transfer or assign any and all of its rights and obligations under these Terms to any other person, by any way, including by novation, and by accepting these Terms you give the Company consent to any such assignment and transfer. You confirm that placing on the Service of a version of these Terms indicating another person as a party to the Terms shall constitute valid notice to you of the transfer of Company’s rights and obligations under the Agreement (unless otherwise is expressly indicated).
- All information communicated on the Service is considered an electronic communication. When you communicate with us through or on the Service or via other forms of electronic media, such as e-mail, you are communicating with us electronically. You agree that we may communicate electronically with you and that such communications, as well as notices, disclosures, agreements, and other communications that we provide to you electronically, are equivalent to communications in writing and shall have the same force and effect as if they were in writing and signed by the party sending the communication.
- In no event shall the Company be liable for any failure to comply with these Terms to the extent that such failure arises from factors outside the Company’s reasonable control.
If you want to send any notice under these Terms or have any questions regarding the Service, you may contact us at: [email protected].
I HAVE READ THESE TERMS AND AGREE TO ALL OF THE PROVISIONS CONTAINED ABOVE.
Last Updated: 29 June 2019